[Svnmerge] svnmerge and "git svn clone"?

Michael Haggerty mhagger at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 11 00:03:06 PDT 2011

> Does anyone have experience with importing svn repositories with
> branches maintained with svnmerge into git?
>
> Is information lost?

git-svn doesn't understand svnmerge.py metadata, so the information
about what revisions have already been merged where is lost.  The
contents of the repository (i.e., contents of files in each git
revision) should be fine, though.  It is possible to add the merge
information retroactively via git grafts, but I don't know of a tool
that can do this automatically.  (I'm working on a tool that can assist
in the process for my own conversion, but it is still in early stages.)

Michael

--
Michael Haggerty
mhagger at alum.mit.edu