[Svnmerge] Merge Issues

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri May 6 15:41:26 PDT 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 8:05 AM, Prakash P M S wrote:

> While merging by cherry picking the revisions using svnmerge.py,
> svnmerge.py creates issue if there are merge conflicts.
>
> If two versions 5118 and 5145 are merged, if there is a conflict due
> to revision 5118, it attempts to merge 5145, but the changes of 5145
> are not merged. When the conflicts are resolved manually, only the
> changes of 5118 are present in the merged file. First it doesn't
> even alert that 5145 changes are not merged, but shows that merge
> being done for that revision. Even if we want to merge it manually
> after resolving first conflict, it doesn't allow to merge as it is
> not a clean workspace.
>
> Is there a better way to handle this with svnmerge.py?
>
> --- Merging r5118 into '.':
> C src/foo.c
> Summary of conflicts:
> Text conflicts: 1
>
> --- Merging r5145 into '.':
> G src/foo.c
>
> property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

The merge of r5145 is showing as being applied, so it's odd that it's
not appearing in the file.

Are r5118 and r5145 in the same part of the file, +/- 3 lines?

BTW, if there's a merge conflict, I like to merge r5118, resolve it,
commit it, then merge r5145.  This will have the first merge commit
show what was done more clearly.