[Ocaml-biz] The strategic future of OCaml for 2..4 years

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Tue Sep 7 16:24:56 PDT 2004

Olivier Grisel wrote:

> A more contructive attitude IMHO, would be to provide (concrete)
> proposals/solutions instead of criticizing other people's work.

Sure.  You got one?

Read the list archives for my previous ones?  To recap:

- winning The Language Shootout benchmark
- logos for OCaml
- anyone wanna cough up an OCaml 3D engine?

We are still debating OCaml brand identity, the nature of its community,
and its possible growth trajectories.  No concrete plans are possible
until we have more of a handle on the problem.  Well, one could get
started on any / all of the above projects, but one could also make
strategically inadviseable moves in the game.

Maybe people brainstorm at these junctures.  Storm away, if you're so
inclined.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

When no one else sells courage, supply and demand take hold.