[Ocaml-biz] sending to the correct mailing list

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Tue Sep 7 18:58:05 PDT 2004

I just accidentally sent my last post to caml-list, the one about
leaving INRIA out of the loop and hoping they don't have legal eagles
worried about trademark infringement.  *Thankfully*, I believe with some
confidence that it'll be spam filtered as I used my ordinary .sig, not
my caml-list bypass .sig.  Truly do the Taoists say we should not judge,
say only that things are occurring!  In this case, filtering has been
for my own good.  The very meme which makes me 'spam', my different
style of engagement to techno-business problems, has protected me here.

Please take some steps to ensure that your messages go to the correct
list, if there's any possible confusion in the way you (R)eply.  For
instance, I'm often getting 2 copies of e-mails from people.  One for
the list, one CC:d to me.  That's really not necessary; some circles
even consider it impolitic.

I don't mind the public nature of my comments.  I'll stand by 'em if it
becomes an issue.  But it's one thing to post 'em on the biz list that
"nobody's paying attention to," and quite another to post them on
caml-list for Xavier's direct consumption.  :-)  One is opinion, the
other is provocation.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.