[Ocaml-biz] the 3 action items

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Wed Sep 8 15:57:28 PDT 2004

Tony Edgin wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> > So our action items, for now, are simply:
> >
> > 1) Determine market
> > 2) Determine useful, desired OCaml toolbox for this market
> > 3) Find existing best fit tools
>
> Are you saying that you want us to act on items 1 - 3 by the
> end of the month?

Yes.  I'd prefer that we reach consensus immediately that this is the
plan, and that by Oct. 1st, we have executed this plan.  (3) is pretty
easy as there's not that much in OCaml-land to look at.  (1) and (2)
require much more iteration and political buy-in.  As I said, there will
be camps about what to put the energy behind.  That's why it's going to
take 1 month.  I suppose Oct 1st is only 23 days away, but it's a nice
even number for a self-imposed deadline.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

When no one else sells courage, supply and demand take hold.