[Ocaml-biz] OCaml Alliance

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Thu Sep 9 18:48:02 PDT 2004

Tony Edgin wrote:

> Besides Brandon and me, do we consider this the mailing list
> for the OCaml Alliance?

Uuuuh, please amend that to yourself.  People find all sorts of reasons
to be offended by my brand identity anyways, and I don't want "presuming
upon COCAN" added as one of my claims to fame.

I do not assume this is the COCAN mailing list.  I'd *like* that, but I
don't assume it.  I have made no effort whatsoever to talk to the COCAN
people about having a mailing list, or this mailing list being it.  What
I have said, is that if we use the COCAN wiki heavily, we inevitably
*become* the de facto COCAN list.

> If a few other people respond, I'll add a link to
> the COCAN wiki
> OCaml Alliance page for this mailing list.

Nothing wrong with putting a link to ocaml-biz on the COCAN wiki,
wherever such links can be justified.  But please secure other COCAN
people's buy-in before you start calling ocaml-biz the COCAN list.
Aside from avoiding turf wars, one of the obvious objections is, it's
not.  It's not hosted by cocan.org, it's on a different server.  So how
could it be?

Do I consider this list *useful* to the OCaml Alliance?  Absolutely.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur