[Ocaml-biz] Decisionmakers

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Fri Sep 10 13:45:55 PDT 2004

Brian Hurt wrote:

> *No* manager- not even the technophile- is going to base
> their decision on a bunch of yahoos on the internet.

We're the seed.  Let's please not spend time wringing hands about how
big the oak tree is going to get.  "But we can't coerce, they don't
listen to us!" is a sideshow.  We're the reason the trade glossies are
going to happen.  We can call strategy for what we want to happen.

> The good managers, however, aren't.  They don't listen to
> Microsoft, or
> the glossies.  They listen to their pocket geeks.  And the
> easiest way to get to them is through the techies.

Ok, point taken.  The showcase projects still have to demonstrate
relevance to Decisionmakers, however.  Not just line workers.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.