[Ocaml-biz] creating a household name

Gerd Stolpmann info at gerd-stolpmann.de
Mon Sep 13 10:02:54 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 17:20, Brian Hurt wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
> > Well, that wouldn't be objectively correct.  It was a $31 billion
> > industry last I checked a few years ago.
>
> Ohhh!  I'm scared.
>
> EDS, a single company in the CAD/CAM market

???

Sorry, but I think you are on the wrong track. EDS' business is to
operate data centers of any kind, mainly for the car industry, and here
mainly for General Motors. It was outsourced from GM a long time ago.

Yes, there are also CAD/CAM solutions, but as I pointed out, they
operate them, but they don't create them. As far as I know, EDS does not
create software.

>  that you've probably never
> heard of,

EDS is well-known.