[Ocaml-biz] Why should they believe us?

Martin Jambon martin_jambon at emailuser.net
Wed Sep 15 12:31:00 PDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> Alexander Petrov wrote:
> >
> > "Cynical" may be too extreme...
> > But we need _one_ _unique_ Ocaml characteristic.
>
> We do?  Why?  I think it's important to get 'buzz' about OCaml down to 1
> sentence or 1 phrase, but I don't see why we have to get it down to 1
> word.  Let alone a unique word.  I think my .sig suffices just fine.

> OCaml offers superior high level language features,
> superior type safety, and performance.

Right, but people will not believe us easily because we don't show any
proof that OCaml is so great.
I don't know what we can imagine for this, but showing "success stories"
is not the only way.
I am thinking of things like "free support for 60 days" or "satisfied or
money back" (of course for things that are already free :-)
or anything that shows that we are serious.

Another adjective about OCaml: risk-free

Martin