[Ocaml-i18n] proposal: message catalogue system

sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org
Thu Dec 4 15:24:00 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:52:27PM +0900, Yamagata Yoriyuki wrote:
> From: "Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org>
> Subject: Re: [Ocaml-i18n] proposal: message catalogue system
> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:00:08 +0100
>
> > I recommend to use gettext. I think it is the most powerful tool for
> > translation. You can extract text...
>
> For handling multiple locales, setdomain of gettext (and any other
> approach relying a state) is not a greatest way to do so.  A message
> generator should have a locale as an optional argument.
>
> Btw, does gettext work on Windows and Mac?

Hello,

Gettext ( in C ) should normally works on mac and windows ( however i
never tried it ). For the ocaml binding, i should say that it is
working, but i need people who works on this OS to test it.

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : i agree that it should take an optional parameter for the
localization but it do so by using some functions ( don't remember the
name but you pass a locale parameter )