[Ocaml-i18n] Roadmap to camomile-0.5.0

Yamagata Yoriyuki yoriyuki at mbg.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Dec 6 14:10:40 PST 2003

The development of Camomile is stalled recently, but I'd like to ask
here about the future of camomile, so that I can motivate myself.

Here are things in my mind for the future development of camomile.
The order is the priority given to them in my mind.

1) Provide a replacement of Pervasive and String.  I'd like to
   implement the idea of using the open directive.

2) Language support of Unicode.  What I think about are,
   * The ocaml code is interpreted by the encoding specified in the
   current locale.
   * Counting characters as Unicode.
   * A Unicode literal in a string/character literal and pattern matching.
   * Non Latin-1 identifiers.

3) Text search using collation.

4) Better regexp, maybe Perl6-like one.

5) Integration of LDML. (locale description mark-up language)

Also, I'd like to see more packages (GODI, Windows binary, fink...)

Naturally, these are huge works.  So, I'd like to know the things you
need most, the things I missed completely and your opinion that
everything in camomile is totally crap.

--
Yamagata Yoriyuki