[Ocaml-i18n] Roadmap to camomile-0.5.0

Sylvain LE GALL sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org
Sat Dec 6 14:20:45 PST 2003

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 07:10:40AM +0900, Yamagata Yoriyuki wrote:
> The development of Camomile is stalled recently, but I'd like to ask
> here about the future of camomile, so that I can motivate myself.
>
> Here are things in my mind for the future development of camomile.
> The order is the priority given to them in my mind.
>
> 1) Provide a replacement of Pervasive and String.  I'd like to
>    implement the idea of using the open directive.
>
> 2) Language support of Unicode.  What I think about are,
>    * The ocaml code is interpreted by the encoding specified in the
>    current locale.
>    * Counting characters as Unicode.
>    * A Unicode literal in a string/character literal and pattern matching.
>    * Non Latin-1 identifiers.
>
> 3) Text search using collation.
>
> 4) Better regexp, maybe Perl6-like one.
>
> 5) Integration of LDML. (locale description mark-up language)
>
> Also, I'd like to see more packages (GODI, Windows binary, fink...)
>
> Naturally, these are huge works.  So, I'd like to know the things you
> need most, the things I missed completely and your opinion that
> everything in camomile is totally crap.
>
> --
> Yamagata Yoriyuki

All this seems very good to me...

But ( sorry ), what i want to see the most is that camomile is DFSG ( in
the sense of debian ).... There is a conflict of licence about the
UnicodeData.txt file... Which is problematic.

So what i would like to see is an inverstigation of the fredom of the
library...

It is totally out of the coding scope but it is also needed to be in
Debian...

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL