[Ocaml-i18n] Re: [Caml-list] Camomile-0.5.0

Yamagata Yoriyuki yoriyuki at mbg.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Jun 12 07:55:21 PDT 2004

From: Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org>
Subject: Re: [Ocaml-i18n] Re: [Caml-list] Camomile-0.5.0
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:51:16 +0100

> Well I don't care for the silly philosophical arguments about whether
> implicit state is bad or not.  What matters is that I can do something
> to change the language before handling each request.  Each Apache
> process handles hundreds of requests (not simultaneously, however),
> and so needs to change the language hundreds of times.

For functions in UTF8Byte and UTF8Unicode, you can change its locale
by either

1) setting LC_* enviromental variables by Locale.setlocale
2) passing locale as an optional argument, which overwrites locale
obtained from LC_* variables.

For other functions, you have to explicitly pass the locale.  However,
  you could use partial application, e.g.

let my_col = compare_col locale in

my_col s1 s2

Most functionality of Camomile is accessible from UTF8Byte and
UTF8Unicode.

--
Yamagata Yoriyuki