[Ocaml-i18n] [Ocaml-lib-devel] ExtLib UTF8 not compatible with Camomile

Richard W.M. Jones rich at merjis.com
Wed Aug 16 08:13:07 PDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:06:30PM +0200, sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org wrote:
> I am the debian package maintainer of Camomile... Is camomile in debian too
> old or too recent ? ( FYI, i think i will update camomile to 0.7.0 next
> week or so).

Actually it's not Debian, but (cough) Ubuntu, so you'll probably tell
me to go away, but anyhow.

My Debian system (where we will eventually upload & run this code) is
running Debian/stable, and I can't find Camomile there at all, so in
fact this may be a moot issue.

Here are the Ubuntu versions anyway:

  Package: libcamomile-ocaml-dev
  Section: universe/libdevel
  Installed-Size: 2988
  Maintainer: Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org>
  Architecture: amd64
  Source: camomile
  Version: 0.6.3-3
  Depends: ocaml-nox-3.09.1, libcamomile-ocaml-data (= 0.6.3-3)
  Filename: pool/universe/c/camomile/libcamomile-ocaml-dev_0.6.3-3_amd64.deb
  Size: 577914
  MD5sum: a17177fc5c9a0c4682691bd4b043be6a
   Camomile is a comprehensive Unicode library for objective caml language.
   The library is currently designed to conform Unicode Standard 3.2.
   .
   Normalisers (NFD, NFKD, NFC, NFKC) and collator (string comparison) pass
   the conformance tests defined Unicode Technical Reports. Collator is also
   tested to Canadian, Thai and Japanese standards with their locales.
  Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
  Origin: Ubuntu

  Package: libextlib-ocaml-dev
  Section: universe/libdevel
  Installed-Size: 1828
  Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack at debian.org>
  Architecture: amd64
  Source: extlib
  Version: 1.4-5
  Depends: ocaml-nox-3.09.1, ocaml-findlib (>= 1.1)
  Filename: pool/universe/e/extlib/libextlib-ocaml-dev_1.4-5_amd64.deb
  Size: 270454
  MD5sum: fefaed5bdc926d1c07bf229903fecdc9
   ExtLib is a project aiming at providing a complete - yet small -
   standard library for the OCaml programming language.
   .
   The purpose of this library is to add new functions to OCaml
   Standard Library modules, to modify some functions in order to
   get better performances or more safety (tail-recursive) but also
   to provide new modules which should be useful for the average
   OCaml programmer.
   .
   ExtLib contains modules implementing: enumeration over abstract
   collection of elements, efficient bit sets, dynamic arrays,
   references on lists, Unicode characters and UTF-8 encoded
   strings, additional and improved functions for hashtables,
   strings, lists and option types.
  Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
  Origin: Ubuntu

Rich.