[Ocaml-pxp-users] The meaning of ANY

Dario Teixeira darioteixeira at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 07:19:19 PST 2010

Hi,

> What you could do is to parse first in well-formedness mode, check the
> tree for unknown elements, and validate later. This is a bit tricky,
> however - just calling Pxp_tree_parser.parse_wfdocument followed by
> Pxp_document.validate will not work because the DTD object is not set
> up for validation then. The correct way is to parse as stream
> (Pxp_ev_parser.create_pull_parser), and convert the stream to
> a tree (Pxp_document.solidify), followed by Pxp_document.validate.

Thanks again for your assistance.  After some consideration, I have come
to the conclusion that it's best to bite the bullet and to include the
MathML DTD in the overall document DTD.  Moreover, there was one extra
factor that I was forgetting that would've forced me into this solution
anyway: a MathML fragment may reference entities (like operator names)
which are defined in the MathML DTD...

Best regards,
Dario Teixeira