[Ocaml-pxp-users] The meaning of ANY

Dario Teixeira darioteixeira at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 07:19:30 PST 2010

Hi,

> Thanks again for your assistance.  After some consideration, I have come
> to the conclusion that it's best to bite the bullet and to include the
> MathML DTD in the overall document DTD.  Moreover, there was one extra
> factor that I was forgetting that would've forced me into this solution
> anyway: a MathML fragment may reference entities (like operator names)
> which are defined in the MathML DTD...

I may have spoken a bit too soon concerning how straightforward it would
be to graft the MathML2 DTD into the main document DTD...  In basic terms,
the problem is as follows: I have an object of type Pxp_dtd.dtd, containing
the definition of the MathML2 DTD; I wish to graft this DTD into another
Pxp_dtd.dtd object, the latter containing the main document DTD.  Is this
at all possible?

Note that it would be alright if the grafting occurred simultaneously
with the parsing of the main document DTD.  But I couldn't find a way
to tell PXP that references to a certain external DTD should be resolved
to a parsed Pxp_dtd.dtd object instead of a source file.  (I would very
much like to avoid reparsing the entire MathML2 DTD, since this is a very
time-consuming task, even in native-code).

Thanks again for your assistance!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira