[Orca-dev] Re: [CONTRIB] services stats gatherer

Canau canau at ionia.EUnet.pt
Mon Nov 6 11:07:43 PST 2000

--- In orca-developers at egroups.com, Blair Zajac <blair at a...> wrote:
> Hi Canau,
>
> I'd be interested in including your work in the Orca package so that
> other people could make use of it.  If we include the code in Orca,
> your work would get some more usage and possible help in developing
> it.
>
> Do you have any publicly available pages showing the scripts at work
> and the plotted data?

	Hi,

	I've finished a small package with the current code version and a
small demo page. It now can graph usage and stats for:

	bind
	sendmail
	Merit Radius
	ipop3d
	Radius accounting from database
	mailq

	People might need to have some experience to integrate it with
orca-0.26. More or less enough instructions are on a README file (feel
free to ask questions to the mail address that's there).

	The code can be easily extended to graph stats from allmost any
service logfile... but take a look into the bind code... :->>. Please
send extensions if you find them useful for other people.

	The code is a bit ugly and should be modulerized per service with a
main engine behind... feel free to improve.

	The URL: http://o-s.kpnqwest.pt

	Kind regards,
	</canau