[Orca-dev] updating orca output (shoulda been 'holding mouth', was Re[3]: RE[2]: Digest 336)

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Fri Oct 12 11:00:38 PDT 2001

Rusty Carruth <rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm having a little trouble getting orca to do the new plots.
>
> I'm obviously holding my mouth wrong ;-)
>
> Here are the 2 approaches I've taken:
>
> First method:
>
> 	modify the config file.
> 	kill orca
> 	restart orca
>
> result:  after over 12 hours, no new files.
>
> Second method:
>
> 	modify config file
> 	kill orca
> 	move everything in the html directory tree to a backup place
> 	rename the orca.state file
> 	restart orca
>
> And that seems to leave things still not fully re-built.

Actaully, it REALLY helps if you remember to start the NEW version
of orcallator.se so that the new headers are available!

For this run, I've done the following (don't try this at home!)

modify config file.
kill orca
kill all the remote orcallators (like 11 or so)
edit all the orcallator output files to change the old 'Dw' format into the new State_D format
move all the rrd and html files to a backup place (rrd alone was like 154 meg)
rename orca.state
restart all the orcallators (I *love* scripts ;-)
restart orca
Hold breath for like a couple of hours while orca does its thing ;-)

I'll report back and include a sample plot of the State_ info.

rc