[Orca-dev] Re: /usr/local/orca/bin/orca: warning: cannot fork for sendmail: No s uch file or directory

simon.klyne at arcordia.com simon.klyne at arcordia.com
Mon Oct 15 06:51:27 PDT 2001

try commenting out the 'warn_email' definition in your config file.

Erik Melander <EMelander at wyndham.com> on 15/10/2001 14:38:37

Please respond to orca-developers at yahoogroups.com

To:   "'orca-developers at yahoogroups.com'" <orca-developers at yahoogroups.com>
cc:
Subject:  [orca-developers] /usr/local/orca/bin/orca: warning: cannot fork
      for sendmail: No s uch file or directory

When  reviewing my messages log on the machine that hosts the orca process,
I find the  following
error  message:

/usr/local/orca/bin/orca: warning: cannot fork for sendmail: No such file
or directory

which  correponds exactly to the number of defunct processes that I spawn
each  day.  Did I misconfigure
orca?  Orca is running on a Redhat v7.1 box, perl v 5.6.0-12, with  the
latest version of orca.  In addition,
the  machine does not have sendmail, but rather uses postfix (which seems
to be the  problem).  Any
suggestions?