[Orca-dev] Re: detect both httpd and httpsd

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Aug 6 22:06:45 PDT 2002

epc002 wrote:

> Enhancement request:
> For web server processes, the default orcallator.se looks for httpd
> processes. One way to provide detection of both httpd and httpsd
> processes would be to change this in orcallator.se:
> <     www_server_proc_name = "httpd";
> >     www_server_proc_name = "http[d|sd]";

Hello,

You can set the www_server_proc_name via the WEB_SERVER environmental
variable in start_orcallator.se to use the modified regular expression.

I'd really rather not change the default regular expression because it
may change the scale of plots for people that have been using orcallator.se
for a long time and have secure httpsd's on their system.

I've added to orcallator.se a new measurement named httpsd that uses
the WEB_SERVER_SECURE environmental variable to find secure web server
processes.  It defaults to httpsd if not set.

start_orcallator.se has been updated to set these two environmental
variables.