[Orca-dev] Question: Values for webserver monitoring

B.Schopp at gmx.de B.Schopp at gmx.de
Wed May 7 10:24:03 PDT 2003

Hi Sean,

> >- httpop_gets
> >- httpop_posts
> >- httpop_condgets
>
> Not familiar with this one.  Can you explain what a httpop_condgets is ?

Blair uses this value in orcallator.se to count the methods HEAD and reply
code 304, which both don't have to deliver a file back and therefore have
no size returned (In most cases, respectively :-) ).

> I would think maybe in these groupings:
>
> - dwnld_size[0-4]
> - dwnld_totalz
> - httpop_gets, httpop_posts, httpop_condgets
> - http_errors
> - # of webservers

Accepted, with respect to the open point of httpop_condgets

> Not sure what a httpop_condgets is but a get and a post are both "hits"
> against a web server.

In this case, i will combine the values of gets and posts to hits and count
condgets seperate (and keep it as value in the generated dataflies).
Maybe it will be of interest in deeper webmonitoring.

Best,
Burkhardt