[Orca-dev] Configuring ORCA to graph Extrem Low Frequence Data

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu May 22 09:41:27 PDT 2003

mian at vip.cybercity.dk wrote:

> Hi All
>
> It's possible to configure ORCA to graph Extrem Low Frequence Data.
>
> I have some data which is measured once a week, so far all my attempts to use
> ORCA to graph have failed.
>
> I have played around with using MAX as the Consolidating Function and
> changing the number of points in the RRA's.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions ?

You need to change the interval value in the Orca configuration file.
For data like this, you should measure the data at the same time when
RRD starts a new interval.  I don't know when RRD starts a new interval
on a weekly basis, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.  It's probably
on the day that where the number of seconds since 1970 in that day
modulo (3600*7) == 0.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/