[Orca-dev] RE: [Orca-users] Orcallator script for windows

Cameron Paine cbp at null.net
Fri Nov 21 12:14:38 PST 2003

If you wish to:

- process windows perfmon data with an unmodified UNIX-based Orca.
- pull only the *new* data across your network via a read-only
  windows share.
- preserve your windows SOE--requires no additional software on
  windows.

Then I have a solution under development (but in 24x7 production
use on 30 W2K servers). I'll send you the "readme" file--it's too
big to post to the list.

NOTE: you do have to change orcallator.cfg to specify your windows
plots. I also have a cmd.exe script to automatically purge the
windows files on systems where it's a hassle to do it any other way.

Cameron Paine

PS: the performance monitor included with NT4 is a desktop application
that writes only binary files in a proprietary format. My solution will
*not* work with NT4. It was, for me, a case of too much effort for too
little return (we'll be done with NT4 by the end of the year).