[Orca-dev] Dealing with Windows Perfmon Data

Jon Tankersley jon.tankersley at eds.com
Thu Aug 26 20:56:28 PDT 2004

We took much different tact, one that doesn't require modifications to Orca
to deal with anything.  Instead we modify the Perfmon data labels.  The
attached script, cleaned up a bit to 'remove' any site specific things we've
done, should work.
We've done the same thing with Novell, CA SLM data, and others.

This could be a better way to deal with the problem and the script could be
enhanced by some with the Perl CSV module to properly deal with quoted
entities  (European comma-delimited numbers, etc.).

Below is a sample from the readme:

perfmon2percol tries to convert MS Perfmon CSV files into something more
compatible with Orca.

Usage:
permfon2orca.pl permon_in.csv >orca.out

Or more likely
  get Perfmon file (NTmonthday.CSV - NT0824.CSV)
  get year month day (name has month and day, so we could use that)
  perfmon2orca.pl NT${month}${day}.CSV >orcaNT.${year}-${month}-${day}

Warning:

This is a work in progress.  Dependencies on hardware vendors and OS changes
can and will affect the output generated by Perfmon.  Installation may
appear
to succeed on new hardware and cause problems with Perfmon analysis.  This
in
turn can affect this script.