[Orca-dev] Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/orcaagent/bin/orcalinux line 1102.

Fernanda Weiden nanda at google.com
Wed Jun 21 02:48:13 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I've been playing with procallator (the version under trunk, not the
0.27) in the past weeks, and I noticed that the message of my subject
appears everytime you restart the procallator, after the first time it
collects the data.

I had a look in the code and it seems that it is because it tries to
match the number of columns of the last cycle with current number of
columns. But, since it is the first cycle, there is no number to compare.

So, I changed the checking on line 1102, adding the check if it is the
first cycle:

+    # If it is not the first cycle
+    if ( $r != 0 ) {
        # Check if number of columns have changed
        if ( $n_cols[$r] != $n_cols[ 1 - $r ] ) {
            $num++;
        }
+    }

Would be nice if you could add that to the code, or another solution to
stop the error to appear.

I couldn't think about a better way to do it, because considering that
it can be the very first time that procallator runs in the machine,
there is no way to compare the current column numbers with something.

Cheers,
nanda