[Orca-users] Eliminating outmoded data and plots

bjohnson at mail.photonet.com bjohnson at mail.photonet.com
Wed Dec 29 10:02:53 PST 1999

From: bjohnson at mail.photonet.com

One of the machines in my Orca installation was switched from one model of
computer to another, so that the network interface changed, and there are
are plot files hanging around for a device named qfe0 that isn't there any
more.

How can I get rid of these without losing all my historical data?  My first
crack at it was this:

1. Stop Orca
2. Run a utility to remove the offending column(s) from all the percollator
files for the machine in question.
3. Go into the RRD directory for the machine and delete all the files for
the offending column(s).
4. Make sure the plot is optional in the orcallator.cfg.
5. Restart Orca.

This seems to have worked under Orca 0.23.  Is there anything that I may have
missed that might bite me?

  Hey Freelancers:  Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.