[Orca-users] Re: startup errors

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Oct 27 08:17:27 PDT 1999

That's odd.  Orca has some code in it to limit the number of open
file descriptors.  I'm assuming that you followed the directions
in step 10) of the INSTALL file in the orca-0.25 distribution
regarding ulimit and the number of open file descriptors for a
single process?

If the problem continues, you can always do this

truss -i -t open,close -o orca.truss orca -o -v orcallator.cfg |& orca.log

Compress both outputs and leave them somewhere for me to look
at.

Thanks,
Blair