[Orca-users] starting orca

Appa Rao rvs_apparao at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 29 05:57:20 PST 2000

From: "Appa Rao" <rvs_apparao at yahoo.com>

I have successfully installed orca-0.25 on Solaris 2.6 and it's
working great. I am currently logging into the system and running it
and then loggin out.

% cd $prefix
% ./bin/orca -v lib/orcallator.cfg &
% exit

Here are my questions:
- I tried nohup but it did not work. Why?
- Can I do the above in one of the system startup scripts?
- I tried running it thru cron but it failed to work. Am I doing
something wrong?
- Sometimes there are a lot of defunct processes. Why is that?

Thank You,
Prasad

Forever. If you have any desires to sell your products or services
online, or you want to expand your customer base for FREE, Come check
out Shabang!com FREE eStores!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1299/5/_/576712/_/951832649/