[Orca-users] Re: starting orca

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Tue Feb 29 09:41:37 PST 2000

No idea why the nohup does not work.  Orca catches HUP signals.

You can start Orca in the system startup scripts but as of yet nobody
has written them.  If you do, please contribute them to the mailing
list.

Regarding cron, what is it saying?  I run orca through cron and
it works fine for me.

The defunct processes are probably from all the gzcat or other
uncompression programs that Orca uses.  The large number of
these will most likely go away in the next release of Orca.

Blair