[Orca-users] Re: trying to create my own orcallator...

Steve Gilbert gilbert at cs.utk.edu
Thu Oct 19 10:41:42 PDT 2000

> The timestamp is generated with a simple time() call and printing the
> decimal result.  This works in both Perl and C.  I think there's also a way
> to get it with the date command from a shell script, but I leave it to you
> to consult the man pages.

All this is being done in Perl, so I'm cool there.

> "DNnsrkcmdit" is Welsh for "the colors of your status lights".  Okay, maybe
> not Welsh, but I think it's output from an orcallator.se routine that
> monitors a variety of vital functions and prints a cryptic snapshot that
> indicates whether they are above or below certain thresholds.  It's not an
> essential field unless you're trying to graph or display this status
> somewhere.  I think it's used by Big Brother.  In any case, my installation
> of Orca worked fine without this field.

Excellent...I will just leave it out.  I want to keep this as "minimal"
as possible.  Any idea if that uptime field is needed?  It's easy enough
to generate, but if I don't need it, I'd like to leave it out and save
a few cycles.  Thanks a LOT for you help!

 Steve Gilbert  <gilbert at cs.utk.edu>

Your family still won't know what you do.  At least they'll know where.
The resources, brainpower & breadth of opportunities at Microsoft are
unmatched. The only question is are you ready for that kind of impact?
http://click.egroups.com/1/9223/13/_/804404/_/971977331/