[Orca-users] Re: What is "disk run percent"?

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Thu Oct 19 16:22:18 PDT 2000

The disk run percent is measured as the percent of time in a given
time interval that the disk is working on a request.  This is the
iostat %b measurement and is sometimes called the active/run queue
utilization or run busy percentage.  It varies between 0 and 100%.

I've updated the

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~blair/orca/docs/orcallator.html

page with some more information and links to articles discussing these
disk measurements:

http://www.sunworld.com/swol-06-1996/swol-06-perf.html
http://www.sunworld.com/swol-09-1997/swol-09-perf.html
http://www.sunworld.com/swol-08-1999/swol-08-perf.html