[Orca-users] Orca and defunct processes on Solaris 8 [Sparc]

David Moore dmoore48 at csc.com
Wed Aug 15 02:45:43 PDT 2001

Hi..
     I'm running an Orca configuration with around 20 Solaris 7 / 8 clients
     [all Sparc].

     The orca server process runs on a Solaris 8 box.

     The orca / orcallator.se processes seem to be generating large numbers
of
     defunct processes [around 20 per day current average.]

     The number of defunct processes I'm finding seems to be gradually
increasing.

     Is this a known problem on Solaris, and does anyone have a solution
other than
     running a cron job to kill and restart orca / orcallator.se to hose
the defunct processes.

    Thanks  in advance.

    Dave Moore.