[Orca-users] Re: Anybody using ORCA with IBM Network Dispatch?

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Tue Feb 6 16:00:54 PST 2001

The interface errors per second are the number of Ethernet errors per
second as measured by the hme card.  So this has nothing to do with
the type of traffic (TCP vs UDP) you are predominantly using on your
system.

The average number of errors per bit can be calculated by taking the
number of errors per second and dividing by the number of bits per
second your hme interface is sending/receiving.

Your IBM Network Dispatch load balancer should not have anything to do
with these errors, unless they act as switches and you attach your
Solaris boxes directly to them.  I would look at the switches your
servers are attached to instead.