[Orca-users] Re: newbie question about how to disable network card checking.

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Tue Feb 6 16:34:05 PST 2001

Hi Mark,

Currently there is no way to do what you're looking for either in
orcallator.se or in orcallator.cfg.

You'll have to patch something to implement the filtered list of
interfaces that you want to monitor, so its a question of what's
easiest.

Maybe the easiest way is to put a CPP wrapper around a base
orcallator.se with the plots you do or don't want in ifdef's.
Then start_orcallator will have to be modified

In start_orcallator, add somewhere

    defines=
    case `hostname` in
      SOMEHOST) defines="-DIGNORE_HME" ;;
      *) ;;
    esac

    cpp $defines orcallator.cfg.base > orcallator.cfg

Copy orcallator.cfg to orcallator.cfg.base and add the ifdef's:

    #ifndef IGNORE_HME
    plot {
    title                   %g Interface Bits Per Second: hme0
    source                  orcallator
    data                    1024 * 8 * hme0InKB/s
    data                    1024 * 8 * hme0OuKB/s
    line_type               area
    line_type               line1
    legend                  Input
    legend                  Output