[Orca-users] Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambient and cpu temperature on E450)

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Wed Feb 7 05:52:16 PST 2001

I sent a script along last week to generate log files to plot temperatures
from a Sun E450.  However, I haven't seen any answers to my question.  For
some reason, the new data files are not getting picked up by Orca, and no
graphs are being generated for the temps (all the other standard graphs,
and a coupse of other custom graphs from custom log files, are being
generated fine).  What am I missing?  It's the "temp" group that I'm
having a problem with.

Original question follows:

While I'm posting, though, I've got a problem, because for some reason
I'm not seeing the graphs show up.  I've restarted orca, but it's not
picking up the new files.

I'm using orca 0.25, not .26, because everything else has been working
and I'm worried about upgrading and causing problems (if anyone has
any advice, I'll hear it).

My config file has the following three groups defined:
group orcallator {
find_files /usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/(.*)/percol-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}
column_description      first_line
date_source             column_name timestamp
date_format             %s
interval                300
reopen                  1
}

group temp {
find_files              /usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/(.*)/temp-percol-\d{
4}-\d{2}-\d{2}
column_description      first_line
date_source             column_name timestamp
date_format             %s
interval                300
reopen                  1
}

group im {
find_files              /usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/(im-prod.)/bvstatlog
-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}
column_description      first_line
date_source             column_name timestamp
date_format             %s
interval                300
reopen                  1
}

And the last graph definition is this:
plot {
title                   %g Ambient and CPU Temperature
source                  temp
data                    (ambient*(9/5))+32
data                    (cpu0*(9/5))+32
data                    (cpu1*(9/5))+32
data                    (cpu2*(9/5))+32
data                    (cpu3*(9/5))+32
legend                  Ambient
legend                  CPU0
legend                  CPU1
legend                  CPU2
legend                  CPU3
y_legend                Temperature (F)
href                    orcallator.html#temperature
}

I'm not seeing any error messages from orca, but the graphs just aren't
showing up.  Is there a problem with the data expressions, maybe?

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.
Wayne, NJ, 07470             Those who are willing to give up essential
973-837-2797                    liberties for security deserve neither.