[Orca-users] Re: Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambien t and cpu temperature on E450)

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Fri Feb 23 17:24:16 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Yes, it should be plotting graphs.  However, if you have the
> measurement interval mismatched with the "interval" specified in the
> Orca configuration file, then its possible no data will be recorded
> in the RRD files.  If there is a mismatch, the only way to fix this
> is to change the "interval" and remove all of the RRD files so they
> can be rebuilt with the correct interval.

Ok.  Next week, I'm going to try moving the temp logs to a different area
(or machine) with a clean orca install, and I'll try running it there.
I forgot to back up my rrds and state file last time, and it had to
rebuild all of the data for the past year when I put the real config file
back.  It took most of the day, and apparently management really likes the
pretty pictures.

-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.
Wayne, NJ, 07470        We're philosophers.  We think, therefore we am.
973-837-2797