[Orca-users] Re: Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambien t and cpu temperature on E450)

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Wed Feb 28 09:00:20 PST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Allen Canning wrote:
> You could always raise the file handle limit, via the shell.
> If you haven't already done that... :^).  See the man page
> for ulimit.

It runs as root -- there are no ulimits for root.  We're hitting a hard
limit there, not a shell limit.  I've got percol files going well back
into last year, so I probably should archive them out somewhere anyway.

We have over 7400 percol files right now.  Yeesh.

-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.
Wayne, NJ, 07470        Good news!  OM Welcomes you!
973-837-2797