[Orca-users] Re: Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambien t and cpu temperature on E450)

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Feb 28 09:21:51 PST 2001

Which version of Orca are you using?

Orca's OpenFileHash.pm is designed to have a maximum number of open
file descriptors for input data files and if this limit is reached it
will close the oldest input files first to keep at the limit.  So
having 7400 files should not cause the problem.  In Orca 0.26 this
limit is 100 open file descriptors.

Can you check the results of limit or ulimit as root anyway, maybe
add a line to the beginning of Orca:

system("ulimit -a");