[Orca-users] Re: Graphing Very Low Freq. Data

orca at cwe.com orca at cwe.com
Mon Jan 15 10:10:25 PST 2001

The global config 'interval' is set to once a day, the reading is
taken at 10:30am. I assumed the problem was with the data
crunching, that RRDtool does, to squeeze the data into weekly and
monthly graphs, without the log files growing the exponentially. I am
looking through the man page for RRDs now, it will probably take
awhile, since I am little clueless as to how this thing works.
Thanks,Jim

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, Blair Zajac <blair at a...> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> Have you updated the interval parameter in the configuration file to
> reflect that the data is updated some a day?  Is the measurement
> made at the beginning of the day or sometime in the middle of the
> day?
>
> This issue is more to do with RRDtool than with Orca.  I'd look into
> RRDtool to see how to resolve this.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> Jim Sanders wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I have orca up and running and it works without a problem
except when I try to sample very