[Orca-users] Re: Graphing Very Low Freq. Data

orca at cwe.com orca at cwe.com
Mon Jan 15 10:47:15 PST 2001

I believe the answer lies in the consolidation funciton used by rrd.
>From the man page....

The data is also consolidated with the consolidation function ( CF)
of the archive. The following consolidation functions are defined:
AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, LAST.

I notice that when I build an rrd the following is displayed...

Creating RRD `rrd_dir/KINGS_DAIRY_Total_X_1.0_per_1000.rrd' with
options -b 946748222 -s 86400 DS:Orca19990222:GA
UGE:172800:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1098.

I believe the key word there is AVERAGE. I am hoping that setting the
consolidation funtion to MAX will fix things...or at least make
a difference. Can anyone tell me how I go about doing that. from
within ORCA? I am sure I will find it eventually :-) When I do and if
it works I will let you know.

..Jim

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, Jim Sanders <orca at c...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have orca up and running and it works without a problem
except when I try to sample very