[Orca-users] Question on orca data collection

Charles Dennett charles.dennett at kodak.com
Wed Jan 17 06:23:42 PST 2001

My boss has posed a question about orca data collection.  I know
the orcallator writes data to the data file every 5 minutes.  However,
is the data it writes a snapshot in time or does the
orcallator collect data over the 5 minute interval and do some
sort of averaging on it and write the average to the
datafile?  Another possibility would be that some data is an
instantaneous measurement while some is averaged over time.

Can anyone tell me how this part works?  If it's a combination, then
what data is averaged over the 5 minutes and what is not?

--
Charlie Dennett
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, NY