[Orca-users] Re: Question on orca data collection

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sat Jan 20 11:04:04 PST 2001

Some of the data is averaged over the 5 minute interval and others
are snapshots at the end of the interval.

Here's are the measurements that are averaged over the 5 minute
interval:

	Average # Processes in Run Queue
	CPU Usage
	New Process Spawn Rate
	Web Server Hit Rate
	Web Server File Size
	Web Server Data Transfer Rate
	Web Server HTTP Error Rate
	Interface Bits Per Second
	Interface Packets Per Second
	Interface Errors Per Second
	Interface Nocanput Rate
	Interface Deferred Packet Rate
	Interface Collisions
	TCP Bits Per Second
	TCP Segments Per Second
	TCP Retransmission & Duplicate Received Percentage
	TCP New Connection Rate
	TCP Reset Rate
	TCP Attempt Fail Rate
	TCP Listen Drop Rate
	Sleeps on Mutex Rate
	NFS Server Call Rate
	NFS Server Call Distribution
	NFS Client Call Rate
	NFS Timeouts & Bad Transmits Rate
	Disk System Wide Reads/Writes Per Second
	Disk System Wide Transfer Rate
	Disk Run Percent
	Cache Hit Percentages
	Cache Reference Rate
	Cache Inode Steal Rate
	Memory Page Scan Rate
	Memory Page Residence Time

Here are the measurements that are measured at the end of the
interval and represent an instantaneous value:

	Number of System & Web Server Processes
	Number of Web Server Processes
	TCP Number Open Connections
	Disk Space Percent Usage