[Orca-users] Re: Running only orcallator.se

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sun Jan 21 10:50:18 PST 2001

Here's the usage for orcallator.se 1.25.  To get output log files,
you must specify the OUTDIR environmental variable.

usage: se [Defines] orcallator.se [interval]
orcallator.se can use the following environmental variables:
 setenv OUTDIR      /var/orcallator/logs - log file directory, default
stdout
 setenv WEB_SERVER  apache - string to search for number of web servers
 setenv WEB_LOG     /ns-home/httpd-80/logs/access - location of web
server log
 setenv GATEWAY     some.where.com - special address to monitor
 setenv SEARCHURL   srch.cgi - match for search scripts, default is
search.cgi
 setenv COMPRESSOR  "gzip -9" - compress previous day logs using this
command
Defines:
   -DWATCH_WEB        watch web server access logs
   -DWATCH_PROXY      use WEB_LOG as a NCSA style proxy log
   -DWATCH_SQUID      use WEB_LOG as a Squid log
   -DWATCH_OS         includes all of the below:
   -DWATCH_CPU        watch the cpu load, run queue, etc
   -DWATCH_MUTEX      watch the number of mutex spins
   -DWATCH_NET        watch all Ethernet interfaces
   -DWATCH_TCP        watch all the TCP/IP stack
   -DWATCH_NFS_CLIENT watch NFS client requests
   -DWATCH_NFS_SERVER watch NFS server requests
   -DWATCH_MOUNTS     watch usage of mount points
   -DWATCH_DISK       watch disk read/write usage
   -DWATCH_DNLC       watch the directory name lookup cache
   -DWATCH_INODE      watch the inode cache
   -DWATCH_RAM        watch memory usage
   -DWATCH_PAGES      watch where pages are allocated