[Orca-users] Orcallator dumping core

Patrick Aland paland at stetson.edu
Wed Jan 24 05:50:17 PST 2001

We currently have orca running on 3 to 4 of our servers. I say 3 to 4 because it only run's sometimes on the 4th. The 4th is by far the largest of the bunch, an E3500 with 1.5G Ram and plenty of HD space. After doing a start_ocrallator it will dump core, sometimes within 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes a couple hours, but it will happen. I have yet to get it to run for more than 3-4 hours without it core dumping. This is most likely a problem with se BUT anyone seen these problems before? The machine is running Solaris 7 up to current patch.

Also, has anyone used pcp (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp) and orca? I have hacked something together which I will send to the list when I clean it up a bit but was wondering if anyone had done this also?

Thanks.
 Patrick Aland                          paland at stetson.edu
 Network Administrator                  Voice: 904.822.7217
 Stetson University                     Fax: 904.822.7367