[Orca-users] Re: Error: Use of uninitialized value in array ...

jon.tankersley at sabre.com jon.tankersley at sabre.com
Wed Jan 31 08:24:20 PST 2001

I've been wading trough the code....

SourceFile.pm has the warnings that we're seeing.  What they are
are two separate instances of come checks.

The column heading information from the percol is loaded into an array
and the plot 'data' is compared to that array.  If the plot requests
data that isn't there, it generates the no substitution message.  This
can happen if you have the generic config with HME0, HME1, QFE0 and
you don't have any HME cards.

The second (eval) error occurs because it can't successfully parse the
plot data line (missing heading wasn't replaced so the eval fails).

I asked Blair why he went ahead with the eval, he does it to allow
data lines like
data 50 * 1000 * 1000 * 8
to generate constant 'lines' in the plot.

I'm still looking at it to see if we can 'skip' lines if there are any
unresolved 'headings' and not do the eval.  This should eliminate the
warnings we're seeing.

The code is pretty slick through that section, it won't generate any
plots of there are no data to be plotted, however there may be some
eval structures, etc. that are 'leaking' memory.  At least on the SGI
where I'm running orca.