[Orca-users] Re: [Question]: Sending RRD/Orcallator.se data to a central server

Alexander Komlik apkom at noir.crocodile.org
Wed Jul 4 10:30:39 PDT 2001

Here is what I use to get around it.

on monitored system I have this crontab entry:

# send orcallator updates
2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * *
/usr/local/sbin/orcallator-update

#cat usr/local/sbin/orcallator-update
#!/bin/sh
#
# this script synchronizes orcallator data to corporate location
#
RSYNC_RSH="ssh -i /.ssh/identity-mrtg -c blowfish"
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export RSYNC_RSH PATH

RSYNC="rsync -rlpt -v --stats  --delete"

$RSYNC /usr/local/orca/orcallator/* mrtg at gk:/orcallator/SunOS/ \
	>/tmp/orcallator-update.log 2>&1

I use RSA key authentication to avoid typing password.

rsync sends only updates, i.e. changing parts of orcallator-*
files so traffic is minimal.