[Orca-users] Re: [Question]: Sending RRD/Orcallator.se data to a central server

Kai 'wusel' Siering wusel+yahoo at uu.org
Thu Jul 5 00:35:22 PDT 2001

Moin, Vaibhav Goel wrote:

% I have a webserver running orca and I would like to send the client
% rrd/orcallator.se data to it to process and create the graphs.  The
% company has a strict no-NFS policy.  Any ideas as to how I could
% achieve this?
[...]

I use a script on the orca-server which uses rsync-over-ssh to poll
the orcallator-files from the clients every 5 minutes. This does
scales rather well until now (~50 clients), but will have to be split
into multiple parallel pollings scripts due to time constraints (ssh-
negotiation as well as rsync need some time per server).

Regards,
                  kai

Kai 'wusel' Siering                       eMail @ home: wusel at uu.org
Traveller on the Information Highway doing full-time administration.
VoIP: 192.251.226.43                  eMail @ exile: wusel at limmat.ch

The views expressed here are not neccessarily those of any employer.