[Orca-users] Re: disk run doesn't show all disks

alegrand at wallace.com alegrand at wallace.com
Fri Jul 6 10:46:40 PDT 2001

Mike,

Would you try the attached code when you have a change. I am pretty
sure I fixed the problem. It arose from a fix for a problem with the
RICHPse V3.1 distribution that I had covered up,apparently, I did
not do this well enough.

On my systems with raid controllers  I could not read to the end of
the Global_diskinfo[i] structure without core dumping when I use
the parameter GLOBAL_diskinfo_size to identify the last element.
So I used the number of physical disks present to find a safe place to
stop.  This seemed to work on all of the systems that I tested; but,
apparently, it can be too soon.

	On the system that reproduced the error: Solaris 2.6 &
RICHPse 3.2 there was a nonexistant disk in this structure prior to
the last real physical disk.  So, it did not find the last disk.  I
don't know  where this disk came from; but, my guess is that it will
go after I do boot -r on the system. I will probably try this later.

	The script now reads though the Global_diskinfo[] stuctuture
until it encounters a disk slice. Since, the physical disks occur
before the disk partitions this should work more reliably.

Alan LeGrand
Email:alegrand at wallace.com
 <<orcallator.se-1.28b4>>