[Orca-users] Re: Problem with Orca after moving it on another disk ...

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sun Mar 25 22:46:53 PST 2001

Regarding the first question, do you have a script that moves the
percol-* files after they get created or closed at the end of the
day?  This would cause this message.

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~blair/orca/docs/FAQ.txt

  2.2) Warning: file `../orcallator/.../temp-percol-2001-02-22' was
       current and now is not.

       First, Orca considers a file to be current if the file's last
       modified time is within `late_interval' seconds of the current
       time.  In other words, Orca checks if a process is modifying
       the file to keep it current.  The `late_interval' value is
       determined by the configuration file or set to the `interval'
       value if the configuration file does not set `late_interval'.

       Orca stat()s the file when it first looks for files using the
       `find_files' and determines that the file is current.  Any time
       after that Orca reads the file, it stat()s the file again and
       determines if it is current.  If there was a previous stat()
       and the file was current followed by another stat() and the
       file is not current, then the message is printed.

       The appearance of this message means that the process that has
       been updating the file has stopped updating it and this may be
       worth looking into.

       This message is also seen when the data gathering program,
       e.g. orcallator.se, opens a new log file at the end of a day
       and the old log file is no longer updated.  Orca tries to
       manage this situation when a file is no longer updated at the
       end of a day.

       If the actual measurement interval is not consistent with
       Orca's configuration file "interval" 300 seconds, then Orca's
       "interval" should be modified to match the actual measurement
       interval.  If you need to do this, then delete the RRD files
       because they will keep the old "interval" and the input data
       will need to be reloaded into new RRD files.

       Increasing the "late_interval" may also remove this error.