[Orca-users] Re: Why you need a "Interval" ?

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Fri Mar 30 09:29:57 PST 2001

The interval is used for several things:

1) To know how long to sleep before looking for the next update to
   input data files.
2) To properly set up the RRD files to accept data measured on a
   particular interval.

The late_interval is just used to generate warning messages when the
input data files have not been updated in late_interval seconds.

> Mbh wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Why you need a "Interval" ? ( if I trust all values and run orca -o)
> Is it a problem if I put late_interval 10 * interval ? ( because the
> data come trough internet)
> If I put Interval = 60 and late_interval 10 * interval , why Orca
> sleep durant 3min40sec ?

You're seeing Orca sleep for this long?  That's odd.

> With Interval = 60 and late_interval 10 * interval , a value with a
> time 3 X 60 sec was not taken into account, why ?

Is this a single measurement taken 180 seconds after the previous
measurement?  Because the measurement interval is not the same as
the interval given to Orca, then data will not be stored into the RRD
files.